Tyler Texas Postcard Collection: Churches, Schools and Hospitals
Postcards represent yet another media, in addition to text, stories and photographs, that enables us to visualize, and remember, the past.
Knowing the value that such cards possess in documenting the past of Tyler and East Texas, we have assembled a small collection of historic postcards, and present them on this website.
Thus, this section attempts to build a more complete collection depicting the architecture of Tyler and East Texas during the first 50-60 years of the 20th Century. It is hoped that its availability will provide another media contributing to the enjoyment and edification of those of you with East Texas connections.
Immaculate Conception Catholic Church and Cathedral, Tyler, Texas
Construction began in 1934, at the corner of South Broadway and West Front Street, and was dedicated on March 17, 1935
The Tyler diocese was created Dec. 12, 1986 from portions of the Beaumont, Dallas and Galveston-Houston dioceses to create a diocese of 33 counties in East Texas.
First Baptist Church, Tyler, Texas
St. Gregory's Parochial School, Tyler, Texas
Commercial College, Tyler, Texas
Mother Frances Hospital, Tyler, Texas
|More Historic Postcards|