Tyler Texas Lodging Near Area Lakes
Quiet scene at Lake Tyler
Lake Tyler (or Lake Tyler West) and Lake Tyler East are located adjacent to each other, connected via a canal.
Situated just east of Tyler, Texas, these are the largest lakes in the area in addition to Lake Palestine.
Popular recreational activities include boating, water skiing, fishing, camping at Camp Tyler, hiking and swimming.
Lake Tyler (West), built in 1949, covers 2,224 surface acres and serves as the major source of water supply to the Tyler metro area.
Lake Tyler (East), completed in 1966, covers an additional 2,276 acres.
The maximum depth of the lakes is 40 feet, and the average depth is about 17.6 feet.
The conservation pool elevation is 375 feet above mean sea level. Fluctuation is about 2 feet.
Camp Tyler offers a number of activities, and cabins. Please inquire about options at the Camp Tyler website.
If you need lodging near Lake Tyler, then you might consider hotels located on the southeast portion of Loop 323, such as Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, and LaQuinta Inn & Suites.Shown below is a view of Lake Tyler.
Map of Lake Tyler West and Lake Tyler East (courtesy of Google Maps)
Photo of Lake Palestine Blackburn Crossing Dam area including boat launch (Staff Photo)
Lake Palestine is located about 15 miles southwest of Tyler, Texas, on Texas Highway 155, the result of a dam on the Neches River.
Lake Palestine offers recreation and outdoor activities for everyone, with boating, water skiing, houseboating, camping, RVing, canoeing, hiking, biking, and fishing all being popular activities.
It also offers waterfront and lakeside living for many Texans and visitors, and lodging including RV parks, campgrounds, resorts, cabins, motels, and B&Bs.
Tyler's mild winter climate makes the lake available virtually on a year-round basis.
Map of Lake Palestine
If you are visiting for a week or a month, the Lake Palestine area offers RV parks, campgrounds, condo rentals, motels, bed & breakfasts, home rentals, lakefront resorts, marinas, and other accommodations.
Note that this website has no affiliation or connection with the hotel properties shown below. It is always recommend that travelers do their own research and make informed decisions about the hotels they book.
Lake Palestine Lodging
- Lake Palestine Resort - Lake grill, store, docks, lodging, and RV park on Hwy 155
- Lakeside Getaway on Lake Palestine
- Big Steve's RV Park & Marina
- Skytraq's Resort
- Fox Meadows Guest Homes
- Duck Inn Bed & Breakfast
- Bailey Bunkhouse
- Ray Lake House
Need to Stay in Tyler While Visiting Lake Palestine?
Consider one of the hotels along South Broadway Avenue, near Tyler's main shopping, dining and business districts.
Need to Park Your RV?
The Tyler area features a number of RV parks in all parts of the city, and in all directions from the city. Listed below are a sampling of parks available to RVers.
This website has no affiliation or connection with these RV parks. It is always recommended that travelers do their own research and make informed decisions about the RV parks they book.
- 5-Star RV Park - 10929 CR 35 (Lavender Road), 2.3 miles south of I-20 and 2.4 miles north of Loop 323
- #1 RV Park of Tyler - 12421 State Highway 31 W, 2 miles west of Tyler's Loop 323. Member of Good Sam Club, Woodalls, and many other fine RV Discount Clubs
- Tyler State Park - north of Tyler
- Lake Palestine Resort RV Park - on Texas Highway 155 just off the Lake Palestine bridge
- JB's RV Resort - on the west side of Lake Palestine, near Chandler, Texas
- Palestine Pines RV Campground & Marina Park Resort - on the east side of Lake Palestine, in Dogwood City, Texas
- R Place RV Park & Campground - near Lake Palestine and Lake Jacksonville, on US84 between Rusk and Palestine
- Big Steve's RV Park & Marina
- Whispering Pines RV and Cabin Resort - on 47 acres north of Tyler at 5583 FM 16 East
- Lion's RV Park - north of Tyler at 4413 FM 16W.
- Springcreek RV Resort - 2.8 miles west of Loop 323 on Highway 64 west of Tyler
- Palestine Pines RV Campground & Marina Park - eastern shore of Lake Palestine
- K.E. Bushman's Camp - south of Tyler on US 69 in Bullard near the Kiepersol Winery & Celebration Center
- AOK RV Park - just east of Flint on FM 346, close to US 69
- Lake Tyler Marina and RV Park - conveniently located in the Concession #1 area at the southwest corner of Lake Tyler
K.E. Bushman's Camp at Kiepersol south of Tyler in Bullard, TX