Tyler Restaurants, Cafes, Grills, Delis & Dining
Tyler offers a wide variety of restaurants, cafes, grills and other dining venues, from small local eateries to national chain restaurants.
Cuisine choices include traditional American fare, Mexican, Italian, Bar-B-Que, hamburgers, seafood, Asian, and more.
With the advent of COVID-19, restaurants are adopting new ways to serve their customers, including cubside pickup, delivery and limited seating. Be sure to check with your restaurant of choice for current dining options.
New Restaurants Open in Tyler
New restaurants open every week in Tyler, and keeping up with these new dining venues is challenging. Recent openings over the past few months include, but are not limited to:
- Braum's on Old Jacksonville Highway near Walmart Neighborhood grocery store
- Longhorn Steakhouse at Broadway Square Mall
- Javi's at 7212 Old Jacksonville Highway near Swann's
- Jimmy's Egg at 6004 South Broadway
- Andy's Frozen Custard in downtown Tyler
- Texas de Brazil
- Chick-Fil-A Downtown in the People's Petroleum Tower
- Saltgrass Steak House
- Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers in front of Kohl's on South Broadway
- Walk-Ons Bistreaux & Bar
- FD's Grillhouse
- The Grove
- and many other restaurants
Tyler Restaurant Reviews at TripAdvisor
Tyler has over 300 restaurants, and this website provides reviews of most of those via TripAdvisor. Enjoy our Tyler restaurant reviews, and don't miss the best of Tyler, like Stanley's Famous Bar-B-Que on Beckham Avenue.
Reviews of Popular Tyler Restaurants at TripAdvisor
Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant, South Broadway Avenue, at The Village at Cumberland Park, Tyler, Texas (TylerTexasOnline staff photo)
There are literally dozens of good restaurants in Tyler ... here are just a few of the ones we frequent!
- - 525 South Beckham Avenue, near the Hospital District
- Chuy's - Popular Mexican dining, at 5935 South Broadway, near the Holiday Inn and Best Western
- FD's Grill House - In the Village at Cumberland Park, 8934 S. Broadway, near the new Hampton Inn & Suites
- Jack Ryan's Steak & Chophouse - Downtown Tyler, at 102 N. College Avenue
- Razzoo's Cajun Cafe - 7011 S. Broadway Avenue, in front of Target
- Abuelo's - 8926 S. Broadway Avenue in the Village at Cumberland Park, near the Hampton Inn & Suites South
- Outback Steakhouse - 5704 S. Broadway, within three blocks of five Tyler hotels
- McAlister's Deli - 4325 Old Bullard Road at the corner of Loop 323, across from the Broadway Square Mall
- Walk-Ons - Sports bar and dining at 6525 S. Broadway, across from the La Quinta Inn & Suites South
- The Diner - Popular breakfast fare with the locals, near several hotels, at 7924 S. Broadway
- Rotolo's Pizzeria - Plenty of parking and good pizza at 8970 S. Broadway Avenue in the Village at Cumberland Park
- Wasabi - Japanese, sushi, Asian and fusion dining, near several hotels, at 5617 Donnybrook Avenue
Restaurants along Tyler's South Broadway Avenue
- Raising Canes, S. Broadway just north of Loop 323
- On the Border Mexican Grill, South Broadway at Loop 323, next to Broadway Square Mall
- Einstein Bros Bagels, South Broadway at Loop 323
- Five Guys Burgers & Fries
- Chipotle Mexican Grill East parcel, Broadway Square Mall
- Freebirds World Burrito 5105 South Broadway
- Jason's Deli, across from Barnes & Noble
- Starbucks Coffee, 4925 S. Broadway
- Three Z Asian Cuisine, 5201 S. Broadway
- Chuy's Mexican Restaurant 5935 South Broadway, 903.509.2489
- Panera Bread, 5755 S. Broadway, 903.561.1303
- Applebee's Restaurant, Broadway and Rieck Road
- Olive Garden 5520 S. Broadway Ave., 903.509.3363
- Golden Corral, at Broadway Crossing Shopping Center
- Outback Restaurant 5704 S. Broadway, 903.509.8193
- Spring Creek Bar-B-Que, South Broadway, in front of Lowe's
- Jimmy's Egg at 6004 South Broadway
- Andy's Frozen Custard across from Bank of America
- Bernard Mediterranean Restaurant, 212 Grande Blvd just off Broadway
- Traditions Restaurant & Catering, in the Grande Boulevard Plaza
- Grub Burger Bar - Corner of South Broadway and Grande Blvd.
- Clear Springs Texas Seafood, South Broadway near Grande
- Walk-Ons Bistreaux & Bar, 6525 South Broadway
- Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen, 6701 South Broadway, in front of Wal-Mart
- Papacita's Mexican Restaurant, across from Wal-Mart
- Panda Express, 6910 S. Broadway
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop
- Razzoo's Cajun Cafe, 7011 S. Broadway, in front of Target
- Braum's Ice Cream - 7101 S. Broadway - A Favorite for years!
- Fazoli's - 7205 S. Broadway
- Saltgrass Steak House - 7214 S. Broadway
- Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers - In front of Kohl's
- Mario's Italian Restaurant - 7916 S. Broadway
- Slim Chickens - 7925 S. Broadway
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- The Diner, 7924 S. Broadway
- Abuelos' Mexican Embassy - in the Village at Cumberland Park (VACP)
- FD's Grill House (VACP)
- Rotolo’s Pizzeria (VACP)
- Zoës Kitchen (VACP)
- Piada Italian Street Food (VACP)
- Which Wich (VACP)
- Thai Kitchen (VACP)
Restaurants along Tyler's Loop 323 Corridor
- Jalapeno Tree Restaurant, on Loop 323 near Old Bullard Road, 903.509.0600
- BJ's Restaurant & Brewery, north parcel of Broadway Square Mall
- Chili's Grill & Bar, 531 WSW Loop 323, 903.581.7813
- Red Lobster Restaurant
- Mercado's Mexican Restaurant, 2214 WSW Loop 323, between Hwy 155 and Old Jacksonville Highway, 903.534.1754
- McAlisters Deli, Old Bullard Road across from Broadway Square Mall, just off Loop 323. Phone 903.939.3300
- Newk's Express Cafe, Loop 323 SW at Old Jacksonville Hwy, 903.509.4646
Razzoo's Cajun Cafe, on South Broadway in front of Target (TylerTexasOnline staff photo)
- Athena Greek & American Restaurant, 1600 WSW Loop 323
- Texas Roadhouse, 2101 E. Southeast Loop 323 near Highway 110, 903.509.0053
- Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom, Loop 323 at Old Bullard Road
- La Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe, Loop 323 at Old Bullard Road
- Torchy's Taco, 426 ESE Loop 323
- Daniel Boone's, 1920 ESE Loop 323
- Yamato Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, 2210 WSW Loop 323
- Cotton Patch Cafe, 322 ESE Loop 323, near Broadway
- Aspen Creek Grill, 1725 SWS Loop 323
- Dickey's Barbecue Pit, 1501 W Southwest Loop 323
- Rudy’s Country Store and Bar-B-Q, 1410 SSW Loop 323
Tyler Restaurants along Old Jacksonvile Highway
The Grove Kitchen & Gardens, 3500 Old Jacksonville Highway, Tyler, Texas
- Javi's at 7212 Old Jacksonville Highway near Swann's
- Cantina Laredo
- 1836 Texas Kitchen
- Texas de Brazil, at the corner of Old Jacksonville and Dueling Oaks Drive. Phone 903.231-9000
- Chicken Express, near Grande Boulevard
- Braum's Ice Cream & Dairy Store at 5858 Old Jacksonville HIghway
- Jucy's Hamburgers, near Grande Blvd.
- Fuzzy's Taco Shop
- Bruno's Pizza & Pasta, Old Jacksonville Highway, just north of Loop 49
- Gus's Mexican Restaurant ... in Gresham
Restaurants near Trinity Mother Frances & UT Health East Texas (ETMC)
Andy's Frozen Custard, a long-time popular stop on South Broadway (TylerTexasOnline staff photo)
- Corner Bakery Cafe - south near Troup and Loop 323
- Salsarita's, south near Troup and Loop 323
- Catfish King (one block south of ETMC on Beckham)
- The Catch, 1714 S. Beckam Avenue
- PaPa John's Pizza (one block south on Beckham)
- The Potpourri House, south near Troup and Loop 323
- Oliveto's Italian Bistro, south near Troup and Loop 323
- Genghis Grill, south, near Troup and Loop 323
- Villa Montez, 3324 Old Henderson Highway, 903.592.969
Other Tyler Restaurants
- Stanley's Famous Pit Bar-B-Que on 525 South Beckham Avenue ... we love to eat at Stanley's. Park in the front, or if it's full, park in the back and walk down the stairs! And don't be put off by the line out the door ... it moves fast and it's worth the wait. A true Tyler tradtion! Phone 903.593.0311
Stanley's Famous Pit Bar-B-Q on Beckham Avenue
- Wasabi, 5617 S. Donnybrook Avenue
- Kiepersol Restaurant, on the grounds of the winery, just east of Bullard
- Taco Bueno on Old Bullard Road near the Mall, and on Loop 323E
- Dakota's Steak & Chop House, 4803 Old Bullard Road
- Villaggio del Vino, 4803 Old Bullard Road
- Casa Ole, 3701 Troup Highway
- Breakers: A Seafood Joint, 5106 Old Bullard Road
- Posados Cafe, 2500 E. 5th Street
- Happy's Fish House, 2202 E. 5th Street
- Roast Social Kitchen, 1125 E. 5th Street, near TJC
- Mama's Restaurant, 2105 E. 5th Street
- La Plazita Mexican Restaurant, 11980 Hwy 64 West
- Don Juan Mexican Restaurant, 1313 E. Erwin Street
- Sweet Sue's Restaurant & Buffet, 3350 SW Loop 323
- Skyline Cafe at Tyler Pounds Airport
- 4-Way Cafe, in Flint at FM 346 and Old Jacksonville Hwy
- Legends Old-Time Burger Cafe in downtown Bullard
Downtown Tyler Restaurants
- Chick-Fil-A in the People's Petroleum Tower
- Jake's, 111 E. Erwin, downtown Tyler, 903.526.0225
- Ricks on the Square, 104 W. Erwin Street
- Black Pearl Oyster Bar, 106 W. Erwin St., next door to Rick’s on the Square
- Don Juan on the Square
- The Foundry, 202 S. Broadway
- True Vine on the Sqare
- Andy's Frozen Custard
Other Classic Tyler Food Traditions
An East Texas family tradition that spans four generations, Greenberg Smoked Turkeys are well known in Tyler, Texas, and now nationwide for their premier turkeys. They still smoke turkeys the way it has always been done, seasoned with a family spice recipe and slow-cooked over a hickory fire.
Over 200,000 customers make a Greenberg Turkey a part of their holiday season each year.
Now with a modern website that features online ordering, Greenberg has reached out to an ever-growing customer base. Greenberg is located at 221 McMurrey Drive in Tyler, and can be reached at phone 903.595.0725.
Another Tyler family-run business that everyone knows is Janie's Cakes, located 308 East Front Street, phone 903.592.6150, or toll- free 866-4-JANIES (toll free). All cakes are made from scratch, and include Janie's Specialty Pound Cakes, Homemade Pound Cakes, Chocolate Pound Cakes, Butter, Lemon, Cinnamon, Berries, Pecans, Chocolate Chips, English Curd Pound Cakes and Unique Cakes. Highly recommended by the TylerTexasOnline staff!
And everyone in town is familiar with Loggins Restaurant at 137 South Glenwood Boulevard ... fried chicken, sea food, steaks, pies, and more! It is operated by Jerry and Lyana Loggins, grandparents of 2012 Heisman Trophy finalist Johnny Manzeil of Texas A&M University. Phone 903.595.5022 for more information.
Check back soon as we expand this site during 2020, and provide additional local dining information!
In the Spring in Tyler ... It's Time for Crawfish!
Some folks call 'em crayfish, crawdads, or mudbugs, but here in Texas they are simply CRAWFISH, whether they are swamp crawfish, spillway crawfish, or pond crawfish.
We've been catching crawfish all our life, and love the tradition of a long, leisurely crawfish boil in spring!
Crawfish are healthy food. They are an excellent source of high-quality protein, low in calories, fat and saturated fat, and a good source of vitamins.
Several restaurants and supermarkets such as Brookshires offer boiled crawfish by the pound in season. Also, a number of seafood markets and outlets offer live crawfish for sale in Tyler and East Texas during the crawfish season in the spring.
The last five years we have purchased our live, and boiled, crawfish from Wade's Place on East Main Street in Chandler.
We've also been pleased with the live crawfish we've purchased by the sack from Circle M Crawfish in Big Sandy, on Highway 155 just south of U.S. 80.